What is Elder Care and why do you need it?
Nearly half of all Americans age 65 or over will require time in a nursing home, and the cost can be overwhelming—$100,000 per year, in many cases. Elders and their families may also face extensive legal and financial hurdles in their estate planning. Elder Care can help you preserve your loved one’s assets, dignity, and quality of life.
As part of our commitment to providing dependable annuities, insurance, and services for every phase of your family’s life, SBLI is proud to offer SBLI Legacy Protection (currently available in Massachusetts and New Hampshire only), an elder care service offered in conjunction with our partner, Senior Resource Center, Inc. (SRC).
How does it work?
SBLI Legacy Protection helps manage all necessary aspects of long-term care and estate planning, with legal overview*, financial guidance**, and nursing care management expertise. It’s a product that can save your family thousands of dollars and help preserve the assets your loved ones have worked hard to earn. Even if your loved one is already in a nursing home, it’s not too late to receive counsel and support services.
Is Elder Care right for my family?
Elder Care insurance and services from SBLI may be right for you if you are concerned about paying for long-term care and estate planning for yourself or your aging loved ones or if you have asked yourself any of the following questions:
- Will my spouse or children be left with nothing because of my long-term care needs?
- What are the federal, state, and community programs available to help cover my loved one’s long-term care services and costs?
- Will the nursing home take my family home and all my savings?
- Is home healthcare, an assisted living facility, or nursing home best for my loved one?
- Can I protect my loved one’s assets even if he or she doesn’t have or can’t obtain long-term care insurance?
What’s my next step?
For a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with our partner organization SRC, please fill out the form below: