Life Insurance Specialists
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Direct Distribution the Life Insurance Specialists will develop new business, enhance the digital shoppers’ experience by reaching out to potential customers by phone, email or chat, and back up Life Insurance Professionals. Opportunity to evolve to a Life Insurance Professional based on performance and personal goals.
- Engage with digital shoppers in real time using Click to Chat or Click to Video. Accelerate and enhance the digital shoppers’ purchase journey by providing information on: SBLI products, best practices for defining basic coverage needs, the difference between whole life and term life insurance, how the decision process works at SBLI, and how to efficiently navigate the application site. Shoppers requiring a more formal needs assessment and/or seeking a policy in excess of $500,000 should be transitioned to a Life Insurance Professional (LIP).
- Provides sales activity follow-up “back up” for ‘out-of-office’ Life Insurance Professionals.
- Provides sales line overflow back-up when no Life Insurance Professional is available for an inbound new business call.
- Makes outbound phone calls for LIP and makes sales to designated leads for automated campaigns such as:
- Yearly Renewable Term Campaign
- Retention Program (Overflow)
- Policy Anniversary Notification o Birthday Wishes
- Supports business processing communications for LIP including:
- Follow-up on outstanding Accelerated Underwriting Telephone Interviews, Para-medical exams, Electronic Signatures
- Follow-up Underwriting update telephone calls to proposed insureds
- College degree or SBLI/Industry related experience
- Internal and External Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of life insurance products, the underwriting process, and industry protocols preferred
- Life Insurance Licensed (or willingness to pass exam upon hiring)
- Computer competencies
- Some evening and weekend hours