SBLI of Massachusetts is looking for an individual to mature an existing BI function. As a BI Analyst/Developer you will be engaging directly with business teams consisting of product development, marketing, sales, customer service etc. and developing elegant reporting solutions to help them fully understand their data, derive valuable insights and drive business change. Incumbent is responsible for the design, development and programing of systems to consolidate and analyze data from multiple internal sources and to integrate unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable solutions.
- Design, develop, and document data warehouse databases.
- Independently design, develop and document dashboards, reports and analytical tools.
- Gather and analyze business requirements and user specifications for new or modified functionality.
- Independently design, code, test, debug and document ETL modules and processes.
- Provide technical assistance to users and monitor performance of BI systems.
- Create/maintain documentation to describe module logic and development processes.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or similar major
- 3-5 years developing Oracle Business Intelligence Systems (OBIEE and ODI)
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (Tableau, Oracle Data Visualizer)
- Experience in the financial services or insurance industry is preferred
- Familiarity with data warehouse design, dimensional modeling and implementation
- Fluency with concepts like cubes, star schema, fact, dimension
- Proficiency with reports, dashboards and other analytical tool design/creation/maintenance
- Experience with ETL design, development and processing
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient with SQL
- Debugging and trouble-shooting expertise
- Good time management abilities
- Experience designing conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Microsoft Windows
- Solaris or equivalent UNIX operating system
- HTML, Java Scripts
- UNIX shell scripting
- Oracle PL/SQL
- MS SQL Server (2005/2012)
- Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Oracle BI Publisher
- Oracle Smart View
- Oracle SQL
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Weblogic Server
- Oracle Data Visualization Desktop
Local Candidates only. No relocation available.